Holford Recreation Center
- ADA Accessible
- Meeting Rooms
- Recreation Center
- Rental Facilities
**CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS**
Check out the details using the Build Garland project webpage.
Holford Recreation Center, located in Holford Park in north Garland, was named after William Asa Holford, who was born November 5, 1871 and was the owner and editor of the Garland News who was also a major Garland advocate until his death in 1941. The groundbreaking for Holford Recreation Center took place in 1966 and the center was formally dedicated in September of 1968. The original building did not include a basketball court but had the two courts in the current building added at later dates.
PARK ACTIVITIES AND AMENITIES:
- Holford Swimming Pool
- Holford Sports Complex
- (3) baseball/softball fields (lighted)
- (1) T-ball field (unlighted)
- Football Field (lighted and bleachers)
- Concessions stand
- Holford Trail – 0.9 miles, 6-foot wide concrete loop trail
- Large open space
- (1) Basketball Court - lighted
- (2) Pickleball Courts with nets - lighted
- (3) Pickleball Courts without nets - lighted
- Large Playground with parking nearby
- Picnic tables under the large shade trees near the playground
- Parking on both Shiloh Rd. and Homestead Pl.