The Efficiency Idea Book
The Efficiency Idea Book, available June 2014, was written to help Garland residents improve water and energy efficiency within their homes.
Designed to serve as an owner's manual, the second volume in the Idea Book Series is a resource homeowners can use for years to come as they advance from simple do-it-yourself projects to implementing more advanced efficiency techniques.
Energy efficiency and water conservation are timely topics that will become increasingly relevant in the years to come. Learn more about how you can implement improvements for little or no cost while improving the quality of light and air in your home.
The Efficiency Idea Book includes:
Do-It-Yourself. Learn simple methods for saving money and resources through easy lighting improvements and water efficiency tips. Find ways to make your home more comfortable during the sweltering Texas summers. Take advantage of community programs offered by the City of Garland.
The Next Level. Do-It-Yourself projects are just the beginning. Learn more about how you can take on advanced efforts to save energy and conserve resources either by yourself or with a little help.
Ultimate Efficiency. Achieve ultimate efficiency by using the Idea Book to make informed decisions about upgrades that require the assistance of a contractor. Complete projects that incorporate the latest advancements in home comfort control, water conservation, and lighting improvements.
Activities. Use handy worksheets to learn how you can begin improving the efficiency of your home. Teach your family about ways they can save water and energy to create a more efficient home.
What’s in the Idea Book?
- Connect online to D.I.Y. Garland, Water Utilities, Garland Power & Light , Building Inspection , and Housing and Community Services for efficiency resources.
- Homeowners can use the Idea Books to plan their next efficiency project.
- Neighborhood organizations can use the Idea Books to stir interest in improving their neighborhoods.
- Contractors, builders, architects, and rental property owners can also use the Idea Books to plan their next project or enhance their properties and energy savings.
How do I get a copy?
- Download an electronic version (.pdf) of the Efficiency Idea Book here.
- Download an electronic version (.pdf) of the Residential Idea Book here.
- CD-ROMs of the Idea Books can be acquired for free at the Building Inspections Department, located in the Main Street Municipal Building, 1st floor, 800 Main Street in Downtown Garland.
- Hardcopies can be purchased for $10.00 at the Planning & Community Development Department, located in the Main Street Municipal Building, 2nd floor, 800 Main Street in Downtown Garland.
For additional information on the Idea Book Series, contact the Planning & Community Development Department at 972-205-2445.