• Email
  • Print

Post-Tornado Construction Information

The City of Garland is dedicated to making your transition back into your home as easy as possible. On this page you will find information on how to select a contractor that fits your needs, and what you need to know before you hire someone to complete repair work at your home.

Forms required to obtain permits, prior to beginning major repairs or reconstruction, are below as well.  

The Remote Permitting Center closed on Wednesday, February 17, 2016.  For permits, please visit our office at 800 Main St, at the intersection of Main St and Glenbrook Dr in downtown Garland.


Guide to Selecting a Contractor

Roofing Contractor Guide

National Insurance Claim Bureau Flyer

Registered Contractors (effective January 22, 2016)

List of builders.pdf

Roof Permitting and Contractor Registration Ordinance (effective January 5, 2016)


Remodel / Repair Permit

Contractor Registration Application

Utility Release Application  (for new construction or major remodeling permits)

T-Pole Affidavit  (for new construction or structures damaged so badly that utilities may not be reinstated without work being completed)


If you have any questions, visit the mobile office, our main office at 800 Main St., call us at 972-205-2300 or e-mail us at buildingsinspections@garlandtx.gov.