M. G. (Jerry) Carter, Sr. Softball Complex
Located just 1.6 miles northeast of I-635, Audubon Park is a large regional park that features both leisure and active recreational opportunities for all ages, including sports tournaments, a large Surf & Swim - a wave pool style aquatic facility, Recreation Center, Soccer Complex, Carter Softball Complex and a paved trail that links with a network of Garland trails. Specifically, the Carter Softball Complex was named after M.G. (Jerry) Carter, Sr. Located at 550 W. Oates Road, the complex features USSSA sized field(s), bleachers, concessions, restrooms, and manicured lawns, putting Garland on the softball map in the Dallas-Fort-Worth Metroplex. So if you’re looking for a spot for your next tournament, check our M.G. Carter Softball Complex inside of Audubon Park today!
Upcoming improvements to Carter Softball Complex can be found on our Build Garland project site.
SPORTS FACILITY FEATURES
- (5) field softball/baseball complex – lighted
- Blue Field
- Green Field – Rogers Field
- Red Field
- White Field – Reagan Field
- Yellow Field – Whitaker Field
- Concession Stand
- Large parking available off of Oates Road.
Not available for reservation
PARK ACTIVITIES AND AMENITIES:
- Audubon Park
- Audubon Recreation Center - with indoor rental space opportunities
- Disc Golf Course
- Hike and Bike Trail - 1.6 miles concrete - connects to Duck Creek Greenbelt Trail, another 5.7 miles of paved trail
- Audubon Soccer Complex
- Surf & Swim Wave Pool
- Cricket Pitch
- Large Playground with parking and restrooms nearby
- Picnicking under the large shade trees
- Observing and photographing nature and wildlife
Garland Softball Association – Adult - 972-613-7729
Contact Athletics@Garlandtx.gov or call 972-205-2738.