Pavilion Rental Rules
- The reservation is for the covered pavilion only. The park grounds area and all other park facilities will remain open to the general public. Reservation time includes set up and clean up.
- Park hours are from 6 a.m. to 12 midnight.
- Department Director or designee has the right to refuse rental if the proposed event conflicts with scheduled events of the department or is in conflict with a confirmed reservation.
- Applicant must be age 21 or over to reserve this facility. Two chaperones, age 21 and over, shall be required for youth (age 18 and under) functions. Youth groups larger than 50 are required to have one additional chaperone for each additional 25 youth.
- If lessee wishes to cancel, a written notice, signed by lessee, must be received one week in advance of scheduled use date. With proper notification a refund in the amount of 75% will be made. If notice is given less than one week of reservation date, all rental fees will be forfeited. If department initiates cancellation due to park closing (i.e. flooding, damage, etc.) lessee will be notified as far in advance as possible. Lessee will be permitted to reschedule reservation. If lessee is unable to reschedule, full refund will be made. NOTE: Department will not initiate cancellation of reservation due to rain or inclement weather on scheduled use date. Refunds will not be made due to rain or inclement weather.
- Fires shall be confined to designated fireplace/grills. Lessee shall be responsible for furnishing combustible materials for fireplace/grill fires. Fire pits or rings are prohibited.
- Overnight camping shall be prohibited except in designated areas by special permit from the Department.
- Lessee is prohibited from cutting or burning of any trees or shrubs (dead or otherwise) located in the park area. Lessee shall be responsible for furnishing combustible materials for fires. State law prohibits removal of wildlife from public lands.
- All litter generated by lessee usage shall be placed in proper receptacles.
- Alcoholic beverages, gambling, and amplified exterior loud speakers are prohibited.
- Lessee shall be responsible for payment of repair costs for damages to park property and equipment caused by lessee’s using the facility.
- It is unlawful to offer any goods, services, or items for sale within parks, parkways, other recreation facilities, or on public streets and rights-of-ways within 300 feet of the boundary of the same, unless specifically authorized by the Department.
- Motorized vehicles are not allowed on trails and unpaved park areas. Temporary amusements (Bounce Houses, etc.) require patron provided generator. Amusements with water features are prohibited.
- All other park rules, regulations, and City of Garland Ordinances apply to usage of this facility.
- Reservation information is available through any recreation center, by calling 972-205-2750 or by accessing the Parks and Recreation website.